Welcome to Devon Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
Exeter and Devon’s Leading Mental Health, Therapy and Well-being Hub
and Supervision in Exeter, Devon
There are many reasons and many ways that life can challenge us. There are some instant and unexpected experiences and traumatic events that can overwhelm us and take our breath away, as well as the longstanding, repetitive patterns of relationship that cause a breakdown of our natural defences and health due to an accumulation of life and its sometimes persistent stressors meaning life is becoming too much to contain.
For some of us we feel that we are not living the life we should do, and whether it be these challenging life problems, the breakdown of important relationships, the loss of someone close to us, or our addictive habits and unhelpful practices; sometimes we just cannot escape the overwhelming feelings that follow us and stay with us. We sometimes cannot describe what has happened to us or what we are feeling but we know that we are not living to our full potential or in the life we know we deserve.
I am Wayne Roberts, and as an accredited Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor my style of working allows me help you find a way to take steps forward.
Seeking truths, understanding and compassion we can begin to find the alternative perpsectives to many of life’s given challenges or sometimes we can find the peace and acceptance for the problems we just cannot have any control over. My counselling and psychotherapy work is designed to enable you to find your own way and start living the life you so fully deserve.
“Let’s talk!”Charlie Chaplin
Among the variety of issues a person might wish to talk about are the following:
- Panic and Social Anxiety
- Specific Phobias
- Bereavement, Sadness and Loss
- Obsessive Compulsive Thoughts, Actions and Behaviours
- Sexual, Emotional or Physical Abuse
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Trauma, Complex Trauma and Significant Life Events
- Addiction and Repetitive Patterns
- Transgender and Identity Work
- Working with Teenagers and Adolescents
- Working to Understand Autism, Aspergers and ADHD
- Working with Non-School Attendance
- Working with Sexuality and Difficulties with Intimacy
- Issues around Cultural Difference, Diversity and Belonging
- Experiences with a Mis-diagnosis or Coming to Terms with a Diagnosis
- Managing Emotions and Anger Management
- Self-esteem and Building Confidence
- Relationship Therapy – Divorce, Separation and Salvaging Important Relationships (including Couples work)
- Stress & Work Related Issues
- Issues around a Spirituality and an Existential Crisis
- Working with the Archetypes – The Mother, The Father, Masculine and The Feminine (for both men and women)
- Dream Analysis and Exploring The Unconscious Mind
And Many More Emerging or Embeded Mental Health, Well-being or Relationship Diffciulties.
This list is in no way exhaustive and not all of life’s difficulties can be explained or captured on a page so please get in touch. A conversation may help to set you on the right pathway.
Latest from the Blog
Where is home?
“We are all just walking each other Home”Ram Dass (1971) Where is Home? This question has been one that has challenged me for as long as I can remember. It has brought with it an unremitting, quandary of psycho-spiritual disorientation which has frequently left me perplexed in my search to understand my being and my…
Psychotherapy & Home
‘The words we speak become the house we live in’ Hafiz (2003) Within the field of Psychotherapy, there is surprisingly little literature, that seeks to describe multiple perceptions of Home and it’s potential meaning. In its peppered and difficult to find scattering the mainstream Psychotherapy community is considering the undeniable need for…
Anxiety & Depression Thought of The Day
Depression and Anxiety Tip of the Day: The following are some of the groups of people that report significantly less episodes of low-mood and anxiety, as well as their recovery from periods of distress being significantly quicker. > Gardeners and Foresters > Ramblers, Hikers and Walkers > Animal Welfare & Equine Enthusiasts > Nature Lovers…
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.